Search This Blog

Saturday 21 May 2011

Worry Is The Devil

Did you know that over 80% of the things we worry about never come to pass?

Seems kinda silly to spend so much time ruminating about things that are nothing more than fanciful projections of the mind. Nothing more than tall tales created by a fearful, bored or lonely ego searching for attention and meaning.

Two of the most profound words I've ever heard are:
Be Present.
Just be totally....here...right now. With this breath. This moment.

Everything else is an illusion, a story of the mind - either from the past or the future - neither of which actually exist. So being present for me makes my whole Universe consist of this hotel room in Toronto, the cucumber tomato salad I'm eating with salmon and feta cheese, and the cheesy Jennifer Aniston movie I've got on the tube right now. Which interestingly just reminded me that "Life should be a little crazy. Otherwise it's just a bunch of Thursdays strung together." Kevin Costner

That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just this breath, a little too much garlic in my salad, this moment. That is it. Everything else has yet to present itself. So all I can do is dream... I mean I could worry and fret and stew. But, really, what would be the point?

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post, Heather! And totally relevant to my very moment right now... :-)

    ReplyDelete